Friday, February 9, 2024

Transition

 Hi! I am now starting to begin my Cambridge Portfolio Project. Previously in my blog I have been writing about projects that I have been working on in class to prepare for the Portfolio Project. But, for now on I will be writing about my process throughout my actual Portfolio Project.

This week in class we learned about all of the different types of film openings. There are 2 different film opening approaches i am considering. One of the approaches is Developing a character. To develop the character I would need to include different elements like mise-en-scene, dialogue, and interactions. An idea I had for this type of film approach is something similar to the opening of “Stranger Than Fiction” where a voice over of a women is explaining how everything for the man shown on the screen needs to be the exactly the same everyday. 

Another film opening approach I am considering is Establishing Setting. To establish the setting I would include elements like relying on details, the use of costume design, incorporate iconic representations, and use many different types of angles and inserts. For my approach I would probably do something similar to the opening of “The fighter” where two character are shown walking through a town showing that they are in the nicest of areas with little details like the houses being close together, a drug deal, and everyone knowing eachother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Here are my CCR’s https://youtu.be/2jWhdkkRPgc?si=hkbI7XDHdL4isfQR https://youtu.be/G4g-3AsguPY?si=otQ9yhvE57JE_SmO