Thursday, February 29, 2024

Group Meeting

 Heyyyyyy! So today we had group discussions about our projects so far. We broke into small groups and looked at each other's blogs. The persons whose blog we were looking asked for feedback about a specific post or ideas for their story, or their overall project so far. I really enjoyed this activity and I think I learned a lot and got a lot of great feedback for my project. Here is some of the things I learned and some of the feedback I got.

I had asked my group to look at my script and plot for my opening. They all said that they loved the idea but they had a few questions like how we were going to show the main character, Lily, puking. I explained to them that we are not going to actually ever show Lily throwing up, but instead have a shot of the whole bathroom where u can only see the legs of Lily in the stall and hear the noises. They all loved the idea and said that they think it's going to be really cool. 

I have been struggling with my research so I also asked them to look at my most recent research blog post to make sure I was looking at the right things and analyzing it enough. They all said that it was really good and had plenty of analysis. 

During the group discussion I learned a few things. One of the things that really stuck out to me was that having good music in your opening that fits the video that you are going is really important because music keeps the viewers attention. 

Me and my partner were put into separate groups so we were able to get double the amount of feedback. Her group gave her a bunch of ideas that we can incorporate into our film opening having Lily and Jessica slam the stall door when they are walking out. The sound of the stall slamming closed can have a significant and loud noise and hen have our title appear on the wall. Here is an example that my partner made of what it would somewhat look like:


Another idea someone in her group had was for our flashback to start with a close-up of Lily's face zoning out. Also during the flashback to have quiet white noise in the background and change the lighting to make it seem more of like a flashback. 

Overall I think both of our groups gave us great feedback and I can't wait to start filming to see how our project is going to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

 Here are my CCR’s https://youtu.be/2jWhdkkRPgc?si=hkbI7XDHdL4isfQR https://youtu.be/G4g-3AsguPY?si=otQ9yhvE57JE_SmO